VLE Login Home Page

Education, Health and Care Plans

This school year we will transferring all of our students from a Statement of Special Educational Needs to an Education, Health and Care Plan.


Between September 2014 and March 2016 the Government has made funding available to local authorities to provide specialist individual support to parents, carers, children and young people who are involved in an Education, Health and Care Plan assessment.


Support will be provided by trained independent supporters will work with you. They will help you get your views across and ensure that you can take an active lead role in the process.


If you live in York independent support will be jointly provided by SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (formerly the Parent Partnership Service) in partnership with Core Assets Children’s Services.


For further information please contact SENDIASS (Tel: 554312) or refer to the information below.

SEND Indepedent Supporters